Wales and England ^^



Day 15 - That morning, we boarded the ferry to Wales but the ship this time is smaller I guess, because we can all feel it swaying and it made me feel so dizzy most of the trip.  In Wales, we drove to Cardiff for an evening of Welsh entertainment.  Cardiff Castle is nice with the guide giving us a short tour before the dinner.  The dinner would've been nice as well but I think they overbooked the night we were there.  The place was packed and the servers who are also performers can't serve everyone fast enough.

Day 16 - Crossing the border again to England, we went to one of my favorites in this trip, the Roman Baths.  The place is simply amazing, we spent hours there but still can't get enough.  For lunch we stopped by Glastonbury, notable for it's myths about King Arthur then head to Exeter.  We got a chance to walk around the city before it's time for us to meet the group again for dinner at a very nice place in Dartmoor called The Old Inn, and the food is delicious. =)

Day 17 - It's a Cornwall excursion day, and our first stop is the fishing port of Looe.  Since we heard that Cornish ice cream is really good, we tried it of course! ^^  Then next stop is Plymouth to see the Mayflower Steps and for lunch.  We had the best fish and chips there, it's either that or we're just really hungry because we loved the fish, it's so fresh. ;)  That night is our last night together so we had our farewell dinner.  Farewells are always sad even if I didn't become close to anyone in the tour, it still makes me sad. =(

Day 18 - It's the last day of our tour, and we saved the best for last, Stonehenge!  I know they're just a bunch of standing stones, but realizing that they've been there since 3000 BC makes all the difference.  Standing there just marveling at a group of stones that's probably the oldest things I will ever see in my life leaves me in awe.  Then it's back to London, and more goodbyes. T_T

That night, we joined the cruise for a taste of London.  We were picked up by a coach with passengers from different groups and head to dinner of terrible fish and chips, tasted more like flour and chips. =S  Then the cruise where we sit at the open deck to have a better view but the night is so cold that I thought I'm going to freeze but have to bear it to see the best that London has to offer.  We passed by the bridges of London, lots of them, realized that the London bridge actually looks quite ordinary and it's the Tower Bridge that is the beautiful one.  We also saw the Big Ben, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, etc.

Day 19 - It's shopping day, my friends went to Bicester Village to get their hands on branded bags on sale, while I walked through Oxford Street that made me dizzy with so many shops.  I'm really not a big shopper, when I shop, I usually buy things for my love ones only.  So after walking for a few hours and bought enough for my family, I decided to go back to the hotel.  I was alone and feeling sad because the tour just ended, I missed everything about the tour, I think I should've just walked around more instead of sulking inside the hotel room. =S

Day 20 - It's the day we go back to Manila.  After breakfast, our friend introduced her Dutch friend to us and we left them alone while we go do some last minute grocery shopping at Tesco.  When we came back, it's time to pack everything and leave.  But I guess we just don't want to leave London without a bang, it was chaos! LOL! XD  We even saw Paul, our tour guide at the hotel lobby and said our goodbyes once again.  He's having another tour leaving the following day also with our driver Kevin.  The red ladies from Globus kept on asking us to hurry while we panic and look for our friend's missing phone, which happened to be inside his jacket pocket all those time. =X  Anyways, we were not late for our flight and was able to get back to Manila safely.

This was was longest trip I've had and I think I want to keep it short next time.  I realized that being on a long trip makes you feel more connected to the tour, which makes ending it more sad.  I hate goodbyes, and maybe it's better for me to minimize the effect of separation next time.  Thank you Lord for another wonderful trip, until next time! ^_^

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annyeong Haseyo Seoul! ^^

Korea - White Christmas~

South Korea Tour 2009