Berlin, Germany!


It's another wish come true, God blessed me with the chance to travel again to the other side of the world, Europe!  Thank You, Lord! ^_^  My first time to Europe was in 2008 (you can read about it here >> Europe) where we mostly visited the most popular tourist spots in different countries.  So for our 2nd time, we decided to choose a more unique experience, we joined Trafalgar's "Scandinavia Russia and Independent States 2012" First Class Tour. =)

My post is actually a bit late already because I've been too caught up with work.  After my 3 weeks vacation, I have to catch up with so much backlogs when I got back.  We joined the tour last May, it's the end of spring so the weather is really nice. =)  Our first stop is Berlin, Germany.  I've been to Germany on my first Europe trip but I've never been to Berlin so it's an all new experience for me. ^^

We arrived before noon, went to the hotel, rest a little, then walked around the city before we meet with our travel director and the rest of our tour mates in a welcome reception.  There's around 40 of us from different countries, Australia, Canada, U.S.A., Singapore, and the Philippines! ^^  And there are only about 8 of us who are below 50 years of age, the rest are mostly individuals and couples that are enjoying their retirement. =)

The next day, we went on a city tour.  We stopped by the Reichstag Building, Brandenburg Gate, and drove along Kurfurstendamm.  Next we visited the Berlin Wall that separated East and West Berlin, then to Checkpoint Charlie where there's a museum showing different ways East Germans try to escape in the 60's-80's.  After that, we went outside Berlin to Potsdam, and see the inside of Cecilienhof Palace, then next to the former summer palace of Frederick the Great, called the Sanssouci.

It had been a full day with us rushing from one place to another, and not enough time to take as much pictures as we want.  But it's okay, at least we've seen as much as we can and learned so much of their history. =)

Next stop, Copenhagen, Denmark! ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annyeong Haseyo Seoul! ^^

Korea - White Christmas~

South Korea Tour 2009