Mabuhay! Boracay, Philippines! =)


This is a long overdue post. I was too busy (I'm actually still very busy =S) to blog about my last 2 trips. I'll write this one now, but don't know when I'll be able to write again for the other. =S

Middle of this year, I went to explore one of the best places to visit here in my county, the Philippines, which is Boracay! We surely have some of the most beautiful beaches and I'm proud to say that. =) Many tourists visit Boracay for a cheap but relaxing vacation. The sand is as white as ever and the water as blue as crystals.

The last time I visited Boracay was about 7 years ago. So when I went back, there's a lot of new things to see. There are more shops, restaurants, activities, etc. So many things to do if you're the outgoing type, but for the homey type, you can still find peace and quite in your own room with the beach view overlooking your window. =)

It was raining hard the day before we arrived so we're worried that we might not enjoy the beach if the rain don't stop. Luckily it did and we were able to do everything we planned to do. ^^ First thing we did is to check-in the resort we booked. There are all types of accommodations that will fit the budget of everyone, from budget inns, cottages, villas, hotels, or your own private island.

We walk around, tried some snacks, and it's dinner time! We ate at Aria, an Italian restaurant and it's really good! It's a bit pricey but good food usually are. ^^ Beside it is a cheesecake cafe so we had some for dessert. After that, there's a fire dance show near the beach. We also booked our activities for the next day to save time. We retired for the night to prepare for the full packed day the next day.

On our 2nd day, it's play time! The "kuya" (Tagalog for older brother. We usually call people "kuya" or "ate" (for girls) even if we don't know them as a sign of respect.) we talked to the night before came with a shuttle to pick us up. First thing is to ride the ATV. We each got an ATV and drove to the highest point in Boracay to see the island from above. Next we did is helmet diving / reef walking. People basically wear an astronaut like helmet and go down 12 - 15 feet deep under water. You can walk around and be with the different species of fishes swimming around you. You also get to feed them and get your pictures taken plus a video of your experience. =)

Third on our list is banana boat, a floating boat shaped like a banana pulled by a speed boat. It's one of my favorite water activities, it's not that scary but can still give you the thrill. ^^ And finally, my most awaited, parasailing!!! It's a bit expensive but I really really wanted to try it for the longest time. I'm so happy that I was finally able to and it sure worth every centavo. It's so nice to feel like flying at least once in your life. I totally love it!!! ^_^

That night, we went out shopping. We got back tired and our skin all red from sunburn. =P The next day, we pack after eating breakfast. It's time to go back to Manila.~ I will wait years again to go back to the beach. The dark skin I got from the sunburn is still with me. It will take years before I go back to my fair skin again. =S

But it was fun and I'm so happy to have spent those days with my dear friends. Thank you Lord for great friends that can make any trip enjoyable! And thank God for the beautiful gift of nature. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annyeong Haseyo Seoul! ^^

Korea - White Christmas~

South Korea Tour 2009