Singapore - Food Trip ~


It's my 2nd visit to Singapore. The 1st was when we took the cruise, Singapore is the boarding point. I was able to visit the tourist spots that time already like the Merlion, Sentosa, and Night Safari. So this time, it's not the places that's my main concern but to visit a friend working there and at the same time to catch the IT Show 2010. I finally got to buy my new baby, my Dell laptop! ^^

I remember this trip for the different kinds of food I've tried there. Singapore is a multiculture country with Chinese, Malays, Indians all living together. There are languages used, English (Singlish), Mandarin, Malay (Bahasa), and Hindi. But I'm not a big fan of Malay and Indian food so I tried Singaporean, Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Filipino foods in Singapore. =D

March 11th, my flight to Singapore. I took the afternoon flight so it's dinner time when I arrived in there. My friend fetched me from the airport, we had some onion rings from Burger King and we went straight to dinner (yes, with my luggage tagged along, lol). First food I tried is Laksa, it's a local food in Singapore of Malay origin. It's a spicy noodle soup with coconut milk. I'm not a big fan of coconut milk in food but it's worth the try. I also tried the plum juice that I don't think matched that well with the noodles so I wouldn't recommend it. =S It's like I'm drinking champoy in cold water, lol! XD

March 12th, it's IT Show day! But first we went out to have lunch. It's Korean this time. I love the food! It's sooo good! We ordered the best Kimchi chigae I've ever tried, it tastes similar to the original chigae in Korea but with better ingredients. The original kimchi chigae in Korea consists mostly of kimchi and some pieces of beef. But in Singapore, they have chicken I think that made the soup tastier and like a full meal and not just soup. I also like the dolsot bibimbap topped with grilled eel. We also tried the seasoned baby octopus. Blueberry yogurt for dessert. Yum! ^^

Then straight to the IT show, I bought my laptop, went home to leave the baggage and out again. =D We went to Sentosa to try the Mega Zip. I loooove it!!! Then off to visit the Universal Studios but it's not open yet so we just walked around outside. Universal Studios opened last March 18, too bad, 3 days after I left. =S We continue looking around Sentosa and tried the Cine Blast Extreme Log. It's very disappointing though, not extreme at all. Not a bit scary. =S We had Chinese food for dinner. Nothing special just some rice toppings from food court since it's pretty late already.

March 13th, went to visit the Merlion. I've seen the Merlion before but since I'm in Singapore, might as well visit him again right? ^^ Then for a quick breakfast in a Japanese burger shop, we had chicken sandwich with no bread but has lettuce as the bread substitute. Then we meet some friends to visit the IT show again, this time I'm looking for a digicam but with no luck. Didn't get to buy one. I really badly needed a new cam, mine is so old and crappy that I usually depend on my friends for good pics whenever I go on trips. =S

Who would have thought that I would be able to taste the best sisig in Singapore?! Sisig is a Filipino dish made from parts of pig's head (ears, nose, face skin, etc.) and liver. Chopped into small pieces and put in a sizzling plate when served with raw egg on top. You mix the egg to cook while the plate is still hot and whalla, a delicious Filipino dish for you! I like the one served in our local restaurants here where the skin are crunchy. But that's not always the case, some serve their sisig not fried well and they just let it cook more on the hot plate but the pig's skin and pork fat is still chewy, eeewww! We also ordered Crispy Pata, pork leg deep fried to perfection. =) Had fried Mars bars for afternoon snack and 'ol dependable Ronald Mc Donald for dinner. I ordered Mc Spicy, I don't think we have that here.

March 14th, it's Sunday and my last day in Singapore. We went to church then had lunch and watched a movie. Just like any ordinary Sunday of our lives. This made me realize that this trip is like the most normal out of country trip I've had. It's like a real vacation with no specific time or itenirary to follow. I usually join group tours so we usually have to stay in a hotel, wake up and meet the tour guide in a specific hour. Everything is timed. But this time, I stayed in the house with my friend and we have the time in our hands.

Japanese food for dinner before I leave for the airport. I eat Japanese food but not much raw stuff. The food we had are all cooked so I loved it! ^^ We ordered my favorite Ebi Tempura, Ebi Potato and cheese, some sushi, and some bacon rolled mushroom and asparagus in skewers.

There goes my Singapore food trip! I'm looking forward to visit Singapore again to visit the Universal Studios next time. ^^ All these are made possible, all thanks to my good friend who is truly God send to me. To the Lord be all the glory for allowing me to experience the wonders of travelling, the one thing that I enjoy most. Until my next trip! ^_^

Comments

  1. wow~!!!u have been to South Korea~!! u're so lucky~!!!! actually, it is also my dream to go there..urm, currently, now i'm planning to go there too~~!!but i don't hv any idea how to choose the travel agent...heee~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where did you taste that sisig.. I'm craving for one right now.. Buy want another option aside from gerry's grill.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gerry's sisig is actually my favorite! ^^ dencio's are not bad too... =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annyeong Haseyo Seoul! ^^

Korea - White Christmas~

South Korea Tour 2009