Taiwan Touch Your Heart~


I went to Taiwan last October for my vacation this year, it's tiring but worth it! =) I think I was able to experience the best places in Taiwan in my short trip. Too bad we got too little time for shopping that we didn't get to enjoy everything they have to offer in the night market.

Day 1 - Upon arrival at Taoyuan airport, we had lunch at the train station while waiting for our train to Hualien. I think we got to Hualien after more or less 3 hours in the train and went straight to our hotel to rest for a while. When our bus arrived, we went to dinner and watched a cultural show of Taiwan Aborigines. It's not so special to me since we get to watch shows like that in my country but a cute boy performer sure makes a difference, LOL! XD

Day 2 - Our destination is the Taroko Gorge. It took us another 2 hours I think to get there by bus. But the scenery before us sure made the trip worth it! It's a beautiful work of nature that I'm sure all nature lovers would love to see. Also near the same place is the Eternal Spring Shrine that we only got to see from a distance but still worth the sight! Then back to our bus to Yilan for some hot springs in our hotel.

Day 3 - It's the day to meet the Queen! The Queen's Head in Yehliu Geopark that is. ^^ There we got to see different rock formations all done by nature. The place is nice but taking a picture in the Queen's Head which is the most popular spot in the park will take you forever on a weekend so I suggest going there on a week day.

After that we got on our bus again to go back to Taipei. We went to the National Palace Museum to look at some historical artifacts from the time of the Kings that were preserved in it's original beauty. It's amazing seeing the art works that the people from those time took so much effort into details with. Our tour guide even told us that sometimes, it takes a person his whole lifetime just to finish one work of art, that's how articulate each item was.

I had the best beef noodle soup ever for lunch! It's a definite must try when you go to Taiwan. Then we attended the Grand Reunion Party, a pre-celebration of Taiwan's Double 10 celebration the next day. After the party, we went straight to Taipei 101 for some shopping.

Day 4 - We went to the Presidential Square to attend the Double Ten celebration. There were so many people! We passed by Chang Kai Shek Memorial Hall on our way in and out of the celebration. Next stop is the Window on China Theme Park where we get to see miniature structures of the important place in Taiwan, China and the rest of the world. I love the place and took so many pictures that I didn't notice I'm baking under the sun! I got out a shade darker but it's fun, the place brought out the child in me. ^^

Day 5 - We went to visit and experience first hand how to pick tea leaves. Then off to Sun Moon Lake. We went to Wen Wu Temple for a short prayer, then took the boat to go around the lake. We tried out egg cooked in tea while climbing up the stairs to the temple up there. We are headed to Kaohsiung next and arrived at Dream Mall for a short shopping time.

Day 6 - Our destination for the day in Fo Guang Shan monastery where a large golden buddha stands tall. Then we visited the Spring Autumn Pavilion and the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas. We took the bullet train back to Keelung.

Day 7 - After breakfast we went directly to Tamshui Fisherman's Wharf where you can see the Lover's Bridge that got it's name from Valentine's Day. You can also buy some goods from the local sellers in the area that sells mostly local delicacies. Then off to Yangmingshan National Park for some nature tripping. Then a short stop at National Revolutionary Shrine where we got a glimpse of the guard changing ceremony.

Day 8 - It's the day we go back to reality! Morning flight back home and back to work the next day. =P

There goes my tour around Taiwan, from Taipei, Taichung, to Kaohsiung, tiring but I'm glad I did it. =) The Lord is good and He's preparing another trip for me before the end of the year. Will it happen? Sure hope so! ^_^ Thank you Lord for blessing me so much! =)

Comments

  1. taiwan is awesome!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're so lucky to travel to all these cool places.

    This may sound weird but how can I contact you? You have a lot of traffic on your other blog as well http://koreanentertainmentportal.blogspot.com/
    and I'm interested in being a sponsor. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I passed by your blog and i find it awesome ^^ I superlike it~ Hehe <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annyeong Haseyo Seoul! ^^

Korea - White Christmas~

South Korea Tour 2009